Spring Music Program
Wed Apr 9 (6 pm)
The fifth grade strings will perform at 6 p.m. followed by the fourth grade’s presentation of Music Matters by Teresa Jennings. It will be a wonderful night of celebrating music!
Mon-Fri Apr 14 - 18
School will be closed
In the News
Please see this document for important SOL information, including testing days, block schedule on testing days, bus schedule, and VoTec/ATC information.
Textbooks and Library Books
Seniors will turn in their textbooks in their Government classes on June 2nd and June 3rd. Underclassmen will return their textbooks with their classes during the week of June 6th. Library books are due June 3rd. Students who wish to pay a library fine may do so at any time.
End of the Year Surveys
Virginia Teachers for Tomorrow
Emily O'Connor has been selected as Kempsville's Future Teacher Contract Award recipient. This will guarantee Emily a placement in VBCPS upon completing an education certification program from an accredited four year university. Emily will attend the University of Virginia in the fall to study elementary education. Congratulations, Emily, on receiving this prestigious award!
Junior Achievement Spark Tank Light Speed Event
Congratulations to the students in Mrs. Manoso’s Entrepreneurship and Innovation class. These students have been working all year on companies they have created in class with the help of their Junior Achievement Sponsor, Mr. Phil Ralph (owner of Madison Jewelers and KHS parent). The inaugural event culminated last Thursday with an annual report and company presentation in the Junior Achievement Spark Tank Light Speed Event. Our students competed against the other Beach schools for the title of Company of the Year. The Kempsville High School team: Memory Lights won the event and will be featured on the local hit show Hampton Roads Business Weekly, the team will also be accepted into the entrepreneurship incubator at ODU, and their information will be submitted for an opportunity to submit and compete at the JA National Student Leadership Conference in Washington, D.C. Kempsville’s second team WoodenGram Inc. placed third in the overall competition.
Congratulations Annie Clarke and Gloria Pezzella who have been named the 2016-2017 E. E. Brickell Scholar Nominees to represent Kempsville High School.
Spring 2016 Testing Calendar
Please click here for the Spring 2016 Testing Calendar.
2015 - 2016 Yearbook
Have you purchased your yearbook yet? If not, don't let the memories fade! Click here to order yours today before time runs out!
For your convenience, please see the presentation from PSAT night.
Entrepreneurship and Business Academy Information Night
KHS Digital Anchor School Blog
Please visit our Digital Anchor School Blog to see what's going on at Kempsville!
The Kempsville High School National Math Honor Society is offering free tutoring to all interested students every Thursday for the rest of the school year, from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. in Room 712. This is a great opportunity for students to learn from other students. No appointment is necessary, just drop in.
Are you taking French this year and need help in class? Sign up for Peer Tutoring with the National French Honor Society for Thursdays after school in room 810. All sign ups must be done the Wednesday before the session. So come and parlez français.
Free and Reduced Lunch Forms
Free and Reduced Lunch Forms are available in the main office, online, and in the Guidance Office.
Parents may now use the division’s online volunteer system to search volunteer opportunities by school or level (www.vbschools.com/getconnected). Once you find an opportunity that matches your interest and expertise, you may respond directly to the posting to sign up. You may also log your valuable volunteer service hours each time your volunteer at a school on this site. Should you have additional questions or need further assistance, please contact Kempsville directly or the Office of Community Engagement at 263-1337.
If you are interested in being a volunteer or a mentor, please complete the attached form and return it to Kempsville. Forms can also be emailed to Kim Manoso, Partners in Education Coordinator (email@example.com).
All Night Grad
- Graduation is right around the corner! Get your ANG ticket before it’s too late!! All night of games, prizes, food, photos, and music! Lots of fun to be had! The ANG ticket form can be found here! Updates will be posted here regularly, so stay tuned!
- A special thanks to Dawn, Janel, Nancy and Kim for getting 17 boxes of shoes sent off to Angel’s Bins! And way to go Seniors, Chiefs and parents! Thank you so much for your support.
- Don’t forget! Cookies are being sold the next two weeks and all proceeds will benefit ANG!
- Senior parents! Have you ordered your senior their Senior sign? Go to impressionsinprint.com to place an order. It’s easy to do and the sign is delivered right to your door! ANG earns $8 from each sign sold.
- Way to go Seniors(and parents)! These seniors have already bought their ANG ticket: Aaron B., Joshua B., Rebeca G., Jeramey L., Michael H., Nathaniel W., Joshua M., Katherine H., Sierra D., Zackary D., Mallory C., Marisa P., Ericha C., Maddy F., Davis C., Rachel S., Kennedy M., Jordan C., Briana S., Carson S., Laura E., Bradley A., William B., Carsten A., Cathryn G., Trevor P., Winton T., Richelle L., William M., Kai C., Anthony R., Hunter M., Daniel M., Joseph W., Rachel M., Ryann A., Jacqueline R., Ashley L., Mark A., Haley M., Jordan G., Tim N., Aaron E., Jia W., Cameron R., Daniel T., Deryn W., Emily R., Shannon B., Kaylah D., Caitlin L., Connor J., Devin S., Kaitlyn G., Jennifer A., Nya G., John F., Paige M., Austin G., Taylor S., Emily W., David M., Daniel N., Austin W., Patrick P., Shianna B., Alexandria F., Armando L., Cameron P., Megan H., Katrina C., Kassidy C., Raheem S., Joseph B., Emily O., Rebeca V., Austin M., Parris B., Danielle L., Christina N., Ashley D., Danielle C., Victoria J., Jack S., McKenzie D., Lance F., Larber M., Joseph B., Jamal C., Dimitri H., Jacob M., Amanda C., Ryan E., Aubrey C., Markwaiz O., Margaret M., Hailee M., Gabriel O., Samantha P., Hannah C., Andrew B., Michael S., Jessica B., Tristan S., Everett W., Amanda W., Kathryn M., Brianna M., Lauren H., Sydney L., Austin P., Nicholas S., Adrian L., Michael R., Jennifer B., Tristen L., Elizabeth R., and Thomas R.
- ANG will be looking for someone to chair this wonderful event next year! If you are interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Honor Society
Membership in the National Honor Society is open to all juniors and seniors who have been enrolled at Kempsville High School for at least one semester, possess a 3.5 cumulative grade point average and have completed or be enrolled in four of the following classes: World Language 3, 4 or 5 or 1 or 2 of a second World Language; Chemistry; Physics; Algebra II (year) and Trigonometry (semester) or Algebra II/Trigonometry (combined in one year); Math Analysis; and any additional AP or Honors course. Students must also demonstrate leadership, participation in extracurricular and/or community activities, and service to the school and/or community. Students must also pass review by the Faculty Council who seek faculty input into the above as well as issues concerning behavior, integrity and character. More detailed information can be found in the Parent/Student Handbook/Planner.
Free Office Programs for VBCPS Students
VBCPS is taking advantage of this initiative, which will provide every student in our school division access to the Office 365 suite at no charge. Students must know their network username and password to take advantage of this program. Students who do not know their network credentials can contact any of their teachers, Library Media Specialists or Computer Resource Specialists for assistance in setting up a new password.
- Students can install the software on up to five compatible PCs and Macs, plus five tablets (including iPad)
- The software may be used with OneDrive for automatic device syncing
- The Office subscription lasts for as long as your child is a VBCPS student
- You will receive automatic software updates
Parking privileges are available to all students with a verified Virginia Driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance. The school or the School Division accepts no responsibility for theft or damage to vehicles while on school property. Parking applications may be picked up in the main office and also are available on Kempsville's web site by clicking HERE. Cost of a parking permit is $40.00 (cash only). Students without a valid parking decal may not park on school grounds. Reserved spaces for faculty members are clearly marked, and students may not use those spaces. Any student in violation of these parking regulations will have his or her car retained on school premises and subject to a monetary fine of $35.00. If there are any questions or concerns, please contact Mrs. Kimble or Mrs. James in the main office.
Family Athletics Pass
Purchase your family pass for all VBCPS High School regular season games now! Please download and complete the Family Pass Application form and return it to school as soon as possible! Don't miss a single game!
Registration for Athletics
Please click HERE for information regarding the registration process for athletics here at Kempsville High School. This site includes the athletic handbook and physical forms.
StudentVUE Access for All Secondary Students!
Students can now access their grades and attendance through the Student Information System StudentVUE. For instructions on how to access this resource, click HERE. Please note that while this site is available from anywhere with internet access, the route used to access it depends on whether working from with the school network (from school) or outside the school network (from home).